Ultimate Tinymce Advanced HTML Tags

This post is a work on progress.  However, it will be showcasing my newly created Tinymce plugin for WordPress (or other platforms).

Ultimate Tinymce Advanced HTML Tabs will open the visual door to even more precision control over the content editor.  With Advanced HTML Tags, a button is added to Tinymce which, when pushed, opens up a popover with over 100 HTML5 tags from the HTML5 Specification.

Simply click the tag you would like to insert, and if specific attributes are available for that tag, the window will “transition” to a new window where you can enter the specific attributes.  Finally, click “insert” and the plugin will build your HTML5 tag according to your specifications.

It is still being developed and tweaked… but I’m going to go ahead and release this version on GitHub and other networks.  You will also see it in my next version of Ultimate Tinymce.  This is also a GREAT enhancement tool for my premium Classes and Id’s plugin.

Here are just a few “early-release” screenshots showing the plugin in action:

Feel free to comment and ask about development… and where you can get your hands on a free copy!

10 thoughts on “Ultimate Tinymce Advanced HTML Tags

• December 26, 2013 at 7:16 pm

Josh,

We extensively use TinyMCE in our application. Does your new pluggin support html select drop down boxes? If not, are you aware of a pluggin that would support this feature so that we can use drop down boxes in TinyMCE. Thanks in advance.

Andre

• November 5, 2013 at 7:29 am

Hello Josh,

First of all, I love your amazing plugin, thank you so much, you are the best!

I have one feature request/suggestion. My client is an academic, and in his writing he cites published works and uses short quotations a lot, so it would be useful if he could properly markup his work with and tags. However, he’s also quite technically averse, so the large HTML 5 tag pop-out menu, although great, is likely to bamboozle him, and he will likely just give it a pass. So my request is it would be great if we could select the HTML 5 tags we need and add them as buttons to TinyMCE.

Thank you again so much!

Amber

• November 5, 2013 at 7:30 am

Oooops I meant [cite] and [q] tags lol

• September 13, 2012 at 1:32 am

Hi Josh,

Just starting out with your amazing editor. Is their a way to add small Social buttons (Facebook Twitter) on a spesific area on a page, like inside tables or blocks? This will help share images…

• January 31, 2014 at 7:08 am

Hi Josh, I’m wondering if you can’t use Font type that has social media icons?

• July 31, 2012 at 12:56 am

Hello Josh,
    I am pretty excited about this new enhancement! While I have been saving up to get all of your fantastic plugins, this addition will save me a lot of headaches =) You mention that there exists the ability to obtain this for free and I would love to give it a go, so…?
    Also, do you know the time frame in which you will be releasing an update for UltimateTinyMCE?
    Thanks so much 🙂

• July 31, 2012 at 1:16 am

Hi Freida,

That’s correct. This is a free addition I’ll be adding to the basic Ultimate Tinymce Plugin. It will be included in my next release (version 2.9). I imagine it will be a few days to a week before I’m ready to release the new version.

This feature will probably be a little “buggy” at first. But I figure most UTMCE users are pretty vocal at voicing their concerns over various features of the plugin, so their input will help make it better in future releases. However, I think I’ve done pretty good with it at this point 😉

Hang tight… it’ll be ready soon!

• July 31, 2012 at 2:28 am

Thank you Josh 🙂 You’ve done very well with this plugin! I am already feeling that I would be lost without it! lol I’m definitely looking forward to the new release =D

• July 30, 2012 at 11:48 pm

Hi Josh, I just posted at the TinyMCE plugin forum asking about how to add a hyperlink into a WordPress HTML Reply when I reply to Comments on my blog.

Then I found this post. Will this new plugin do that? I hope so.

carol m

• July 30, 2012 at 11:57 pm

Hey Carol,

Please see my comment in the forum. Thanks.